02 November 2008

Thanks for your concern

Dear 63,

No, Cameron and I did not break up. Who could break up with a guy that does this to his birthday pinata?

Besides, in the past week alone we've made seven pumpkin pies, seen Jenny Lewis and Beachwood Sparks, fretted over Halloween costumes, taken two midterms (him), asked for and received a new project at work (me), and gotten all fancy for SF Opera's Idomeneo. In other words, we've been much too busy for drama.

Sometimes girls just cry on the phone with their moms because they miss their old roommate, or they don't like any of their clothes anymore, or they can't find that "old faithful" recipe for Quiche Lorraine. I can't imagine this is all news to a man whose former girlfriend once got mad and locked herself in his dad's pizza place bathroom in the middle of a New Year's Eve party only to blow town in the morning without a word to anyone.

I also, for the record, can't imagine ever announcing a break up over the internet--that's just bad manners.

But thanks for asking. And I promise to set up the voice mail soon.

Hugs and Kisses, Cobb

5 comments:

Niles said...

You can't blame 63 for wondering. When I read that you were sobbing uncontrollably, a break-up was the first thing I thought of. Then I wondered if you had cut your hair in retaliation against the world, but I didn't have the guts to ask for photos...

Anonymous said...

Sorry for caring...You just have really good friends that care about you and stuff. Now SET UP THAT VOICE MAIL!!!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Who needs a mom when you have good friends like Niles and 63 to watch out for you?! I love those guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow. World Record for most links in a blog under 200 words: Courtney.

蔥爆牛肉Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.