28 August 2007

All things shall be revealed

Disc #6 revealed its shiny face this morning, and boy is it a goodie: Keep It Like a Secret, by Built To Spill. I should have known for two reasons:

  1. Beyond being one of my all-time faves (and I do mean ALL TIME--I don't like being boxed into any "top ten" corners, but I can almost guarantee that if someone put a razor to my throat this would end up on the list), the album's first track "The Plan" is the best way to start, well, anything--but especially a daytrip to Santa Barbara.
  2. After spending quite a long time wondering "what the H happened to that album?!", my friend Cameron burned me a copy a mere 3 weeks ago. Of course.

With this cd changer thing all wrapped up like a Scooby Doo ending, I guess I'm back down to two Great Life Mysteries.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Thank you for that. Of course as soon as I read this I had to go and listen to the album...and you're right! The Plan is a great way to start just about anything...especially making me smile and having that uncontrollable little happiness well up inside :) It also brings back fond memories of driving through Joshua Tree with the windows down, the music loud, and my soul full.

iamerica said...

Dare I ask what the remaining 2 life mysteries are?

sarah said...

i saw the album cover and my heart fluttered a little. the plan. oh sheesh. there are no words. but i agree that it is definitely a windows-down, sunny day must. well, and every other day too...